If you are new to the world of home exchanging you are probably wondering how does a home swap work
Simultaneous swap: as the title suggests is when both parties visit each other’s properties at the same time. Ideal if you do not have a holiday home to swap.
This is when both parties enjoy each other’s property but at different times, which gives you greater flexibility when planning your trip. This can happen if either or both parties have holiday homes or are away elsewhere, perhaps on business or visiting friends or relatives.
This is when you visit your partners in their home, enjoying their hospitality and then reciprocate at a later time. This works particularly well if you are sociable and really want your hosts to show you around the area, and is a great way to make new friends around the world. Prior to the exchange, you may need to agree on what is included ie meals and transport.
Benefits of home exchange:
- No accommodation costs.
- Potential savings on car/bike hire costs.
- Saving money by not having to dine out every night.
- Potential savings on golf fees and sporting equipment hire.
- Live like a local.
- Change of scene – exchange city for the countryside, busy for quiet, winter for summer, skiing for golfing, English for French.
- Freedom to do what you want and when you want to do it.
- Security – your home is occupied whilst you are away.
- Local knowledge – provided by your exchange partners, where to shop, eat out, visit etc.
- Make new friends – both your exchange partners and perhaps their friends and neighbours.
How to increase your chances of finding a swap?
Flexibility is the answer here. Be open to suggestions as to where and when to go. Compromise if needs be on the accommodation on offer and make contact with anyone you would like to exchange. optimise your listing